To provide first point of contact for day to day health advice and treatment.
To improve the health and well-being of our patients through the provision of high quality patient-centred care that's local, accessible and co-ordinated.
- Provide easily accessible ways for patients to contact and communicate with the practice.
- Ensure that all communication methods are used in conjunction with robust information governance procedures and respect for patient confidentiality
- To meet regularly as a clinical practice team to ensure that the practice provides accessible healthcare which is proactive to healthcare changes, efficiency and innovation and development.
- Continuously consider the needs of all our service users and implement enhancements to the way the practice can be contacted and communicated with where possible. Input from users of our service will be regularly sought in order to continuously review and improve practice contact points and communication methods.
- Engagement with outside agencies, other service providers and other stakeholders in order to provide a safe and efficient flow of information relating to operational matters and service user care.
- Ensure that all the practice’s services available to all patients without discrimination.
- Provision of several access methods so that all service user age groups can have equity of service and information provision.
- Seek input from service users who have suggestions for improving access to our sites.
- Ensure that access to the practice’s services is maintained in the event of foreseeable threats which may affect service availability such as weather, failure of utilities or equipment, staff availability and damage to premises.
- Provision of appointment times and clinics that are designed around patient requirements.
- Ensuring that access to an appropriate healthcare professional is available to service users with an immediate need.
- Provision of a multidisciplinary healthcare team with a wide mixture of skills in order to provide excellent primary healthcare services.
- Involvement of service users in all aspects of their healthcare and ensure they understand any treatment or investigation being offered ensuring that no decision is made about me, without me.
- Always gain consent where appropriate for any treatment or investigation
- Encouragement and support for all service users to consider lifestyle changes that would improve their general health and well-being.
- All healthcare professionals at the practice meet the required standards and maintain a programme of continuous professional development.
- Maintain and comply with infection control at all times with a high level of equipment cleanliness and generally throughout the premises to protect patients and staff against infection.
- Regular inspection and maintenance of equipment and premises to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose and take action to remedy any issues which arise.
- Ensuring staff are trained and competent in the use of any equipment required for them to carry out their job.
- To undertake the necessary employment checks and have procedures in place to protect vulnerable children and adults.
- To have robust systems in place, which are reviewed regularly for the production of prescriptions, medication handling and safe storage of stocked medicines.
- Consider, investigate and respond to complaints and suggestions in accordance to NHS guidelines.
- Ensure all members of staff understand their roles and responsibilities with a job description.
- Provide staff with the support, training, equipment and environment to aid them in performing their job to the best of their ability.
- To maintain and promote an organisational culture where all staff and service users are treated with respect and dignity.
- To put consideration of equality and diversity issues at the heart of everything the practice does.
- To ensure effective information governance systems are in place and reviewed regularly to maintain the security of confidential information.
- To check the accuracy and relevance of information being held by the practice by regularly auditing all aspects of record keeping from patient records to personnel files.
Visit us on Facebook
(Site updated 13/11/2018)